Friday, October 26, 2012

Addicted to Ravelry

I was just going to find some ideas... but the best way to learn something is to find a project that motivates. I found the Fireside Sweater. I love the cables and it will be my 2nd ever sweater.

I used yarn from carblanket, something I crocheted a few years ago, and didn't notice the bleaching of the yarn until I was about 2/3rds finished. Oh well. That's pretty much the only way I'd keep something I made. I did end up buying more yarn but really I just didn't want to go anywhere for the first few hours I started this.

 
Fireside Sweater 

Fireside Sweater 
These are the buttons I made. The plastic is perfect.


 Fireside Sweater 
I did a slight variation on the pattern by using a different knot. A woman who works in my building said she liked my sweater before finding out I'd knitted it! Ah! I still don't think I'm a good knitter but I plan to have a whole lot of awesome sweaters by the time I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment