Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Window Bench or 2

I started out with a wooden book shelf. I read on someone making a long window bench out of one and wanted to try it. I don't have enough room for the big one but 2 smaller ones would be perfect.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Canibalizing Furniture

I bought a kitchen cart from Target (I think), put it together and painted and covered it with some handmade paper from the art store. I liked and used it for several years but I have a tendency to repaint and change stuff like that so this is what I've done recently.


And After: (I wanted an ottoman I could put blankets in. I bought a yard of fabric from Ikea for $7 and painted the rest, then added tissue paper, painted again and then added the designs. I saw a painting I liked with similar designs.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Quilts some old, some new...

This is from a couple years ago, I painted the center with acrylic then did some hand embroidery. I sold this one on ebay.

The center is hand-dyed satin stitched, also from a few years ago and sold on ebay.

Painted center, then embroidered, all of the fabric was hand-dyed.

One of the first ones I made, for my nephew who is almost 4. I dyed the fabric then satin stitched the knots, which I made up with graph paper.

A mixed media tree. The fabric was painted then salted (it sucks up the paint in a fractal pattern) and the yarn was sewn on.

Painted and dyed. I think this was one I had at a quilt show.

Painted and dyed.

Painted and dyed, more salt. I love the effect.

Mostly painted.

More quilts tomorrow, or whenever I get around to it....

Friday, November 6, 2009


I need better pictures, I don't have any so far but this is mostly because I'm not 100% happy with the completed dragon. People really like them so I've decided to post this, I got the pattern from yeah I know it's live journal but try and overlook that, there's no drama in the info.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Finished but not really.

I keep breaking needles so I'm holding off on the rest of the quilting but I got enough done to add the binding. I need to get sharper needles and adjust the alignment of the needle. I think it will be easier to just file the metal plate it hits. Probably a bad idea...