Wednesday, November 25, 2009
A Window Bench or 2
Thursday, November 19, 2009
And After: (I wanted an ottoman I could put blankets in. I bought a yard of fabric from Ikea for $7 and painted the rest, then added tissue paper, painted again and then added the designs. I saw a painting I liked with similar designs.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Someday I will be able to do all of this...
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Quilts some old, some new...
This is from a couple years ago, I painted the center with acrylic then did some hand embroidery. I sold this one on ebay.
The center is hand-dyed satin stitched, also from a few years ago and sold on ebay.
Painted center, then embroidered, all of the fabric was hand-dyed.
One of the first ones I made, for my nephew who is almost 4. I dyed the fabric then satin stitched the knots, which I made up with graph paper.
A mixed media tree. The fabric was painted then salted (it sucks up the paint in a fractal pattern) and the yarn was sewn on.
Painted and dyed. I think this was one I had at a quilt show.
Painted and dyed.
Painted and dyed, more salt. I love the effect.
More quilts tomorrow, or whenever I get around to it....
Friday, November 6, 2009
I need better pictures, I don't have any so far but this is mostly because I'm not 100% happy with the completed dragon. People really like them so I've decided to post this, I got the pattern from http://heavens-hellcat.livejournal.com/807.html yeah I know it's live journal but try and overlook that, there's no drama in the info.
Monday, November 2, 2009
Finished but not really.
I keep breaking needles so I'm holding off on the rest of the quilting but I got enough done to add the binding. I need to get sharper needles and adjust the alignment of the needle. I think it will be easier to just file the metal plate it hits. Probably a bad idea...
Friday, October 30, 2009
The yellow circles were made from painted fabric, buttons, beads and french knots. The rest of the fabric I hand dyed.
Inspiration From the International Quilt Show
I'm actually happy these pictures are blurry. You can't see my screwups, blood and bad sewing.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Weekend Waiting Projects
Monday, September 21, 2009
And a tutorial I made for www.instructables.com: http://www.instructables.com/id/A_Handmade_Fairytale/
Friday, September 11, 2009
Labor Day Weekend
This is a stool I reupholstered with some ikea fabric and a foam cushion, the kind you tie to your chairs. I still need to cover the nails with another piece but it's close enough to done.
Since I now have a good work table and I want and need a decent kitchen table I bought some plywood and cut it to fit. It's about 8 inches longer and 3 inches wider than the original table top. It was covered in paint and glue from previous projects so I scraped it all off with turpenoid (odorless turpentine) and cleaned it off. I cut the wood and then screwed it onto the original top, rather than glueing and then screws, because I'm pretty sure I will destroy this at some point with a project and I want an easier way to redo it all. I stained it and sanded and at the last minute thought some stencils would look nice. It got all taped off and sprayed and once dry I put down a couple coats of polyeurethane and then sanded again. It looks great in my kitchen. Also, the original was from ikea with a metal frame which is still working fine so I kept it.