Tuesday, October 18, 2011

And Now For Something Completely Different

I have always been a diehard Python fan and lately had some cravings to make something that would warm my cold dead heart.



I did the accordian book first but that wasn't enough. I am obsessed with this:
I formatted it in photoshop and sent it to a letterpress plate-maker so I can do even more. But wait, wouldn't this be a great aftghan like the Mythbusters? Yes. So here's what I've done so far. I uploaded the image to http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/ and then try and figure out if the grid size will be enough. The stitch size is 1:1. Now I need to decide if the resolution will work for the size. I used a sample just to see what it will look like and if I like it.



 Big and Regular. I don't want this to be the size of a parking lot so (sample guyx12) the smaller is better. 

And here's my mockup/prototype:


Now I have to decide if it will work and do I want the same colors, navy/off white, etc. Either way this will be awesome. Tunisian crochet has a tendency to squish the image horizontally so I also need to figure out how  much I need to stretch the it before printing the guide.

1 comment:

  1. I think that this would look cool on a bag or something, and maybe screen print it. It might get the point across more effectively. John Halleck directed me to your site, and I think it's quite fun. I like your stuff. My email is aimee.morgan@utah.edu if you'd like to chat. :)

    ReplyDelete