Monday, January 7, 2013

Stories

There was a lot that I made as Christmas gifts for the kids in and outside of the family. The younger ones got felt books and the next age group got a small handbound story that was added to the Kindle Store. I couldn't figure out how to make the books free but I was able to do a free 5 days around the 25th. I also emailed the links out and attached pdf's of the stories telling people to send it around.

I did 12 books and made sure siblings didn't get the same story and I also changed hair and clothing to match the kids. Overall there was 3 different stories and during the free 5 days I got 487 downloads.


This one cracked me up because it got a one star review.


"Now I see why people dislike self-publishing. Sadly, the little boy could have probably produced better work with a bit of effort."

I'll have you know this kid has ALREADY made a better work with less effort! And then I slap her across the face with my glove.
 

and then the yearly weird Christmas story I send out to the adults:



 
 


All of this was done in Photoshop (6) and InDesign. Then printed at a nearby Staples -which looked like this when I got it home and got to work cutting, binding and gluing.

Books 

The yearly Christmas story comes from the heart. Last year I offended at least 1 coworker.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment