I started off with one of my favorite comics, Calvin and Hobbes. I've done this one before and it takes a long time but is always worth it. I have a larger copy of the comic and I pinned it to the fabric using as many pins as I could. I didn't want the transfer to be off.
This is on my light table. Go slow and take your time because screwing it up and then trying to fix it is so much worse. And yes I have one of these I messed up and can't give away.
Tape it down to a flat surface. I use an mdf art board for painting.
I used the same colors as in the original comic and a tiny brush, size 0ish. Because I painted this with acrylic it dries fast and waterproof. So letting each area dry I saved a lot of messes.
The fabric used was tea-dyed for another project but I had enough and thought it would look good.
Next up, the sewing machine. I quilted all of the words and the black border and yes it took a long time. After I cut all all the threads in between with some dull scissors so it made a huge mess.