Thursday, December 15, 2016

Magnets

I made these to start with using resin until one dropped on the kitchen floor and shattered. I asked the Maker group for suggestions and one recommended Smooth Cast 300 which I'd used in the past and I don't know why I didn't think of it. It comes in a 2 part urethane. Some I then hand painted and some got spray painted with metallic bronze. I used the resin rejects to bribe a department at work for some inventory info, I sent and email asking with a picture offering them to the first 5 people who responded. Usually they'd ignore this type of request, I had a response within 2 minutes and as I was wondering out loud how long it would take him to come get a magnet he walked in the door to claim one. Impressive. I told his boss I thought they'd all give up state secrets for just a little bit more swag. I also had a few people bragging that they already had these... nope.



They were part of a work holiday party give away. By the end the guy in charge was tossing them into the crowd, he threw one back over his shoulder and it hit the ceiling. I have no doubt it left a dent.

No comments:

Post a Comment