Thursday, August 1, 2013

Neverending Story Baby Art Quilt

I started this while family was visiting because I needed a project to focus on that would keep me occupied in between activities. There were a lot.

Neverending Story Art Quilt

It's all acrylic and then sewn. I actually painted too many squares and the whole thing would have been much larger so some didn't make the cut. If there's another baby it might get the sequel.




Neverending Story Art Quilt

I have no idea how many times I watched the movie, paused, drew or painted or took notes. All the way through close to 10. On without sound maybe another 10.




Neverending Story Art Quilt

When I sketched out the old couple I remember that the little old man got all the way up the cliff and was facing his wife lecturing the entire time.





Neverending Story Art Quilt

This gave me nightmares as a kid.




Neverending Story Art Quilt

This one was larger but had to be trimmed to fit with the rest of the quilt.





Neverending Story Art Quilt

I loved working on Falkor though it took a long time to get right. After he was dry I added Angelina Fiber and free motion quilted it to his back.




Neverending Story Art Quilt

An angled view of the quilting.




Neverending Story Art Quilt

I tried to match up with the rocky cliff in the sewing.




Neverending Story Art Quilt

I don't sew over the whole thing but instead pick out a few parts that need the texture.




Neverending Story Art Quilt



Neverending Story Art Quilt


Neverending Story Art Quilt

The back is a few different colors wetted and then sprayed and salted. It has a nice effect on the paint.

1 comment: