Monday, September 30, 2013

What I've been working on.

This is for a music box I'm hacking. the wire is a stronger version of memory wire. Memory wire bends when heated but this one would have to be heated by a blowtorch so it won't bend. I got it from the local Make group and soldered it to some gears I have and hope to make work. The wire is perfect, it bends down and then comes back up straight.
I got pissed off because I couldn't find my flux and angrily drove to go buy more. I can't be the only person that's ever done that.


These are some domino magnets I'm working on. Protip: use white glue to stick the magnets on rather than jumping right into the resin. They stay put while pouring the resin instead of flying off towards each other.